What you can do
- Rodents are attracted by food.
Clean up any spills immediately and
keep food stored in secure
Keep bins properly sealed.
Clear up fallen fruit from trees and
keep bird feeders secure.
- They are also attracted by harbourage.
Cut back undergrowth.
Keep your garden tidy and clear of
- Rats can enter your property via broken drains.
Check for signs of damage, such as
- The most common species of rat in the UK is the
Brown Rat (Rattus Norvegicus).
- The most common species of mice in the UK are the
House Mouse (Mus Musculus) and the Field Mouse
It is important to identify which species is
present and to rule out protected species such
as bats, shrews and voles.
- Rats and mice enter our properties seeking out food,
harbourage and water.
Mice can fit through a space the size of your
little finger nail!
- They can carry many diseases, including Weil’s
disease, toxoplasmosis and hantavirus.
- Rodent teeth grow throughout their lifetime and
require constant gnawing to stay razor sharp. This
gnawing can cause immense damage to property.
Rats can gnaw through metal and concrete!
If you have a rat or mouse infestation, we will...
- Determine the source of the infestation and treat it as appropriate. This may include a
tailor-made baiting and\or trapping programme.
- Find out what is attracting rodents to your property.
- Find out how rodents are accessing your property.
- We will then advise you on how best to deter rats and mice from bothering you again!